Front Page Image
backwards
backwards
Pledge Office Chairs was established in May 1970 by David Carter, our Managing Director; the objective of the company to specialise in the production of swivel adjustable office seating from 180 m² premises, employing just ten personnel. By 1972 the business had moved to a new purpose built 464 m² premises, with the work force expanded to fifty employees.

Five years later the company acquired a 2,200 m² factory and with the expansion of an engineering department introduced robotic welding, automated saw cutting and powder paint plant. During the next ten years two further sites were acquired bringing total manufacturing and office area to 5,600 m², employing 120 personnel.

Mill Road, Leighton Buzzard, our current site, was acquired in 1991 with over 14,000 m² of manufacturing area on a self contained 9 acre site; this then gave Pledge Office Chairs the ideal manufacturing facility to expand for future capacity.

Since then the company has expanded by organic growth and aquisition to an impressive £13 million turnover, employing 165 personnel.

From the current site seating is designed, produced and distributed by our own maintained fleet of liveried delivery vehicles.
MANUFACTURING
Pledge Office Chairs Ltd
Mill Road
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
LU7 1BA
LONDON SHOWROOM
First Floor
21-22 Great Sutton Street
Clerkenwell
London
EC1V 0DY
CONTACT
t: +44 (0) 1525 376181
e: sales@pledgechairs.co.uk
www.pledgechairs.co.uk
CONNECT WITH OR FOLLOW US