Every furniture product has an impact on the environment throughout its lifecycle, from extraction of the raw materials, production, to final disposal and recycling. We ensure that every aspect of our activities are conducted in accordance with sound environmental practices. We will achieve this by:
- Minimising the consumption of natural resources and energy, whilst consuming material goods in moderation
- Reducing the creation of waste by the adoption of improved operating practices and by the recycling of materials whenever practical
- Ensuring all waste and effluent is disposed of in a safe and responsible manner
- Investing in the development of new products and processes that have an improved performance regarding their impact on the environment in terms of pollution and landfill
- Complying with environmental legislation
Pledge Office Chairs aims to foster amongst its directors, staff, suppliers, customers and communities local to its operations and understanding of environmental issues in the context of its business. Our collective task is to ensure that we continually improve the environmental impact of our total global activities.
By this policy Pledge Office Chairs recognises its responsibility towards protection of the environment, and issues this statement as a commitment of both management and employees to minimising the environmental impact of its operations.
We make thousands of seating products every year. We recognise that this does have an impact on the environment, but the impact of what we do - our environmental footprint - is actually not as great as that of organisations of a similar size in other industries. Download   here.