The earth is getting warmer, mainly due to an increase in greenhouse gases produced by human activity, with many damaging consequences. It’s a global problem but one we’re already addressing.
We are committed to reducing the carbon produced by their activities and have found product carbon foot printing to be unreliable due to the carbon produced by third party suppliers not being accurately measured.
Once an acceptable industry standard of carbon foot printing has been produced we will of course have our products carbon footprints calculated.
As a “true manufacturer” we are well placed to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment and as part of our on-going environmental programme we are actively reducing the carbon footprint produced by our company.
As a company we:
- Manage and recycle the waste produced by our activities working towards zero to land fill target
- Source wooden products from managed supplies (FSC™)
- Ensure that we procure from companies that adopt procedures to reduce carbon emissions
- Eliminate the use of harmful substances and chemicals
- Control deliveries to minimise emissions from vehicles and wasting fuel
- Ensure that our manufacturing base uses fuel efficiently
We also demonstrate compliance and obtain independent audits to the following:
- ISO14001 – Environmental management systems
- FISP – Furniture industry sustainability program
- FSC™ – Chain of Custody
It is our opinion that the company can achieve greater reduction in environmental impact in this way and we consider this to be our responsibility. Download   here.